May your day be filled with button fun …
This morning people of all ages had fun with buttons at Albany Public Library. It seems I’m not the only one who loves button tins.
It’s school holidays around Australia and here are a few easy ideas for button craft.
- Decorate a lost and found tag for one of your furry toys or pets (like we did today).
- Stick a button (or several) onto card/paper and make it into something – the button could be the centre of a flower or a monster’s eye …
- Thread buttons onto wool or elastic to make a necklace or bangle.
- Decorate an old photo frame with buttons of all sizes.
- Draw the outline of your favourite animal and fill it in with colourful buttons.
- Stick buttons onto an old hairclip or a bag/shoes from the Op shop
You might think of other crafty button ideas, please send me photos if you do!